What’s new in AppVentiX 3.5
- A new housekeeping functionality has been added, AppVentiX will now automatically detect if there are publishing tasks configured for non-existing packages. For example when a package has been updated or removed from the content share you will receive below informational pop-up so you are aware of any publishing tasks that are pointing to non-existing packages. From here, you can directly cleanup the old publishing tasks, this will keep your application publishing information clean and consistent.
- A new app attach feature has been added which allows you to import existing app attach packages created with other tools. When new app attach packages are found in the content inventory the below popup is displayed allowing you to import the app attach package. After import they become visible in the content inventory and are instantly ready for delivery.
- You can now select a custom icon when publishing applications to AVD. By default the icon from the selected application is used. Now you can also select another icon by clicking on the icon button.
- It’s now easier then ever to configure MSIX package data to roam with the user. Just select the profile solution you are using and AppVentiX will make sure the MSIX data is roamed with the user correctly. Below a screenshot of the options you can configure for MSIX data roaming. Also new logging have been added for this feature.
- Launching applications and processes through the AppVentiX agent GUI has been improved for both App-V and MSIX. You can now select between applications in the package and easily select the application you want to start, also shortcut launch is now supported.
- Remote machine inventory can now be configured to use SSL
- Fix has been added for deploying FSlogix Java rule sets
- Fix has been added for publishing applications in AVD where the hostpool is in a different Azure resource group then the AVD workspace
- Sometimes when removing a publishing task, the application was not unpublished automatically from AVD, this has been fixed
- It’s now possible to start new published AVD applications without having to run a refresh for already logged in users. This also works for applications published in Citrix
- Timestamp server is now automatically populated when converting packages to MSIX
- The convert to MSIX app attach feature has been improved
- Logging has been improved, it’s easier to navigate and find information
- Multiple other fixes and improvements
AppVentiX has a free community version and installs under 10 minutes, AppVentiX doesn’t need any back-end infrastructure. You will get immediate results which will make you confident about releasing new applications and updates in real-time. AppVentiX supports Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD), Windows 365, VMware and Citrix deployments both on-premises and in the cloud. Both persistent and non-persistent configurations are supported. The solution is powerful, light weight and integrates easily in your existing environment.
Check out the AppVentiX 3.5 release notes (including screenshots) here: