What’s new in AppVentiX 3.4
- Agent push: it’s now possible to remotely push the agent installation to machine(s), this makes it easy to install and upgrade the agent directly from the Central View console. Silent and automated installations are still possible.
- The OU picker has been re-designed and gives a better experience when a machine group is configured
- You can now select multiple machines in the machine inventory, this makes it possible to inventory only selected machines and invoke the refresh cycle on only selected machines instead of the whole machine group
- New columns have been added in the content inventory: You can now see the package size and other detailed package information in the content inventory.
- Extended support for seamless application publishing scenarios (RemoteApp without full desktop), besides applications from the package it’s now also possible to select scripts and native processes.
- You can now see which packages have a deployment configuration file configured in the content inventory
- The Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD) integration has been enhanced and it’s now also possible to easily switch between subscriptions and tenants. This makes it easy to manage multiple AVD environments across different subscriptions.
- Improved support for Azure file shares
- Support for nested groups and multi-domain environments has been enhanced
- The agent can now enable the App-V client, no need to enable it separately
- The agent can now enable remote management automatically
- You can now see which content share(s) have pre-cache enabled in the content inventory
- The MSIX app attach conversion and integration has been enhanced
- Enhanced MSIX package update process
- Enhanced integration with Fslogix and support for Java rule sets have been added
- The installation and upgrade has been simplified and the time to get up and running has been reduced
- Multiple other fixes and improvements
AppVentiX has a free community version and installs under 10 minutes, AppVentiX doesn’t need any back-end infrastructure. You will get immediate results which will make you confident about releasing new applications and updates in real-time. AppVentiX supports Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD), Windows 365, VMware and Citrix deployments both on-premises and in the cloud. Both persistent and non-persistent configurations are supported. The solution is powerful, light weight and integrates easily in your existing environment.
Check out the AppVentiX 3.4 release notes (including screenshots) here: